Monday, March 11, 2013

"I didn't know moms played Legos."


   I have a Lego addiction. I love to put them together with instructions, I have saved every instruction manuel for the different sets and put them in a binder.


 I also like to organize and sort. I have organized and sorted the Legos in many different ways. The best way seems to be in a big drawer all together. I have the people in a separate container and a small craft box with the small pieces to make them easier to find. Notice my soda, building Legos is hard work.
 

My obsession hobby started with Calvin and has grown with Max. Calvin liked Legos but he wasn't into them the way Max is. Max and I have and will spend hours playing Legos. I have been known to forget to pick someone up, forget to make dinner, miss appointments and so on. Here are some of my favorite things Max and I have  built.     
                                                                        pet store

 
Fire Station
 
 
farm animals and fence
 
 
A gun
 
 
A flower shop
 
 
 A Hat store
 
 
A tire store
 
 
Our latest creation. 
A football field with stands
 
 
Max and I love to shop at the Lego store at Bellevue Square mall. This year for Max's 6th birthday, I took him to the Lego store. It took forever to decide what he wanted to buy. He had the choice of one big Lego set, or lots of little ones. He chose lots of little ones. We ate at McDonald's for lunch and got a cupcake at the cupcake store. Then we played on the boats at Bell Square kids area. What a perfect day!
 
 
 
 
Max and I have built many cool sets like the x-wing fighter, 
                                                                  Jabba's sail barge,
tie fighter.
 
 One time we went through and rebuilt almost all the different Lego sets we have. It took weeks and yes we found almost every piece. Max likes to make fighting scenes with his  Lego storm troopers and Lego army guys. I like to make stores and houses. One time we tried to put together all the people in their original outfit, hair,hat etc.
I know most people would say "Get a life" but it is a great way to spend time with Max doing something that I also enjoy. Having one child at home after always having at least two, is very different. The poor kid has no one to play with, so he is constantly asking me to play with him. I may have played my fair share of Barbies with the girls when they were little, but they always had each other if I needed to shower get something done. Mike and the kids make fun of me for being so into the Lego's. Yesterday I realized just how weird I am for playing Lego's so much. Calvin had a friend over and he was showing him around our house. He came upstairs where Max and I were playing Legos. Calvin's friend looked right at me and said.....

                                                   "I didn't know moms played Legos."

I was a little embarrassed as I said " of course they do". So I guess my secret is out. I love playing Legos and I'm never going to stop!

No comments:

Post a Comment