Sunday, April 21, 2013

Motherhood and blogs



I have struggled with whether or not I think blogging is that great. I always got bugged with the "bragging blogs" or the "look at me I'm so great blogs". Sometimes when reading other peoples blogs I would feel bad that I couldn't do all the things that some women do. I don't have a type A personality that gets so much stuff done everyday and whose house is always immaculate. I have a hard time getting dinner on the table every night. I have an amazing husband who helps so much that sometimes I feel guilty that he is doing so much.

On the other hand, I love blogs that are real and sincere. As a mom I go through many feelings of guilt and inadequacy. I've found strength in reading woman's blogs who are struggling with real challenges and are getting through them. The reason I like these next 3 blogs is that they are real. They have real trials and real feelings. They don't try and sugar coat anything.

http://nieniedialogues.blogspot.com/

http://millathenightbaker.blogspot.com/

http://mcdonaldfam.blogspot.com/

The main reason I have started blogging is for myself. I really have wanted to document exciting fun things that have happened in our family like vacations, birthdays, sports etc. I'm not writing these things to brag, but so that I can remember the feelings I had at the time. I guess you could say this blog is my Journal. I am not a great writer at all. My spelling, grammar, and punctuations will most likely be wrong(thank you spell check), but at least I am getting this stuff written down. Some day when my kids are all out of the house and its just Mike and I, I know I will not remember everything. I want to be able to look back at this blog and remember specific feelings and memories that I had.

I also have an amazing extended family! All together, Mike and I have 11 brothers and sisters and 24 nieces and nephews. I admit that I am horrible about keeping up with them. I get so caught up in my family and what going on here, that I forget to check on others.  I love reading all of my brothers and sisters blogs, it makes me feel connected to them in some small way. I feel like I get a glimpse into their lives and what's going on. For this reason, I decided that they may want to know whats going on around here. So there is another reason I decided to start blogging. I've heard that you can turn your blog into a book. Maybe someday I will do that for my family to have.

Some of my other favorite blogs are decorating blogs. Here is one of my favorites.

http://www.thehouseofsmiths.com/

So now you know my intentions of this blog. I will be going back and documenting some stuff that I have missed over the last couple of years. I am feeling like I don't have much time left with these kids at home. Probably because my oldest will go off to college soon and every 2 years after that another one will leave. I love my little family so much. Being a mom is everything to me and even though its hard sometimes, I would never want to be doing anything else.
                                                                                                         Andrea





No comments:

Post a Comment