Sunday, March 30, 2014

College for a weekend


In March, I spent a weekend with Kayla in her dorm room at BYU. It was so fun to visit her and see how she lives there. We ate at some of the places on campus she eats at often. We went grocery shopping. We shopped for new clothes for Kayla. We went to the MOA(museum of art) on campus. 

                                 

They have Carl Blochs religious art on display. It was beautiful to see these paintings up close. They are from museums and churches in Europe on loan this one and only time.

We stayed up way too late (4 am) every night talking with her friends and roommates. Kayla has made some really great friends. I loved being with her!

                                     


It was fun watching her interact with her friends. We went to her college ward on Sunday. I never went to BYU for college so it was fun for me to live there for 3 days.


 

 
I got to meet my new niece Kloe. She was so much fun and so happy. I loved seeing my other nieces and nephews living in Utah. It was great visiting with family and laughing and eating yummy Venezuelan food together.
 
                             

 
                            
                            

 
 The weather was beautiful the whole weekend. Most of the students were in flip flops and shorts already. It was great to be with Kayla for the weekend. We laughed a lot and I loved meeting her friends. She has grown up so much this year living on her own. I am so proud of her and the decisions she is making in her life.

 
 
 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment